Ok, seeing as several people have sent this forward to me requesting that I write 25 random things about myself, I’ll be a good sport and do it. Here are 25 things about me.
1. I am a science-fiction/fantasy literature nut.
2. I helped code a computer game based on the Lord of the Rings. It’s still around today… The Two Towers
3. I raised and showed hogs at the county fair in middle school (1st place showmanship!)
4. I began my undergraduate education on a full paid ROTC scholarship for aerospace engineering.
5. It took me one semester to realize that I did not want to be an aerospace engineer.
6. The Gulf Breeze Rotary awarded me the Employee of the Year in recognition of my service to Gulf Breeze.
7. I graduated from the University of Florida. Go Gators!
8. I am glad my diploma doesn’t tell the whole story… that I *barely* graduated from the University of Florida.
9. I made a 3.7 gpa in my last year to get my overall gpa up enough to graduate. (amazing how applying yourself makes a difference)
10. Compared to my undergraduate grades, my graduate work is outstanding!
11. I like to play disc golf when I can. Don’t know what that is? It is like golf, but instead of hitting a ball into a hole, you through a frisbee into a basket. Check out this video of some guy sinking a putt:
12. Disney World is our most favorite place in the world.
13. I worked at Disney for a year, in their college program.
14. I was one of the cast members at Animal Kingdom’s Tough to be a Bug show that said, “Welcome to Disney’s Tree of Life Theater where we are now presenting, “It’s Tough to be a Bug!” Please enter theater, select a row, and move allllllllll the way across, filling each and every available seat.”
15. At the completion of Disney’s college program, I earned my Mouster’s Degree.
16. Cindy and I have been on two Royal Caribbean cruises and were invited to dine with the captain both times. Both cruises were magical.
17. We are planning to go on another cruise to celebrate my graduation.
18. Cindy and I were both on staff at Gulf Breeze UMC. That’s how we met.
19. Our first real interaction was on a canoe trip. We were in the same canoe. I’m pretty sure she thought I was crazy.
20. I have been working on fixing my tendency to procrastinate. Problem is that I keep putting it off.
21. I am very proud of our two boys.
22. I am excited that I have been invited to preach at Candler’s Chapel service this semester.
23. I have never done a foreign mission trip, but would like to!
24. I like Sonny’s sliced pork with their sweet bbq sauce.
25. The one thing I know that I won’t miss when I graduate seminary: The drive.